Wednesday 13 December 2006

Invite Drawing

Me and Louise are getting married in April. As a 'creative' I wanted to do something for the invite rather than just buying something. I did this drawing from a photograph with the intention of having it on the front.


I got lots of help from my friend Carrie with the design and tried a load of different things, but it just wasn't working. Eventually Louise found a make-your-own kit in Confetti and the drawing found a home inside, opposite the details.
This was a difficult drawing to do because I hadn't tried to draw a 'realistic' likeness of anyone for years, and I'm used to drawing rough sketchy scribbles that noone apart from myself needs to get.
It's difficult to be objective but I like it. Carrie said it looks kind of like the Posy Simmonds strip in the Guardian which is is fine by me.

5 comments:

Bentos said...

testing...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Foom Spectacular said...

Excellent Andrew!!

Foom Spectacular said...

Great picture. I like the clean lines. Carrie is right, it does look like Posy Simmonds. Keep up the good work.

My last 2 blogs seemed to have bugs, but this new one seems to be working.

Bentos said...

Cheers Mark, much appreciated.

You're not going to see much other stuff like this on here.